gummi Chandelier ii in detail

gummi Chandelier ii in detail
Inside the gummi bear Chandelier Jr.

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Sniff, Exhale.

Not that I like to stay in the past, but gummi bear is an ever-present subject.
I just realized that when Gizmodo blogged the Chandelier, bandit commented:

"In an environment with less than 62% relative humidity and temperature under 80'F, a gummy bear will last an average of 7.3 years. Trust me on this."

I swear I didn't pay bandit to say this. If I did, I would pay for a statement of "lasting 20 plus years." bandit is the first person to offer this scientific statement since the gummi entered my brain. Thanks, bandit!

I have been working on a series of sculptures about genetically engineered animals, the first to be born is the octopus. Then Tim Hawkinson's Zoopsia opened in Getty. I stared at his octopus, bit down my teeth, wanted to scratch it off the monitor... I delivered this news to my octopus girl, we both wept... We thought we were the first one.

Worked on the detail draft of the rose window, intended to keep it a secret. Then I ran into the image of Damien Hirst's "Aubade - Crown of Glory." Another oz. of brain juice to crush me...

Human beings live inside similar cultures often share the homogeny of experience, ideology and thinking patterns. I must have been too westernized. This is a challenge existed ever since I first started art career by making female dress forms. Everybody is making what I am making... *~#-%*^#@

I guess one can never avoid stepping on others' brain wave accidentally, since we all watch the same movies and use the same computer OS. damn those culture monopolies!

The best solution will be live deep in the sea or at the core of the earth; at that moment, my views will alter into uniqueness and exoticness. not your Polynesian way of exotic, but a real never-before-comprehended way of strangeness.

oh, well, until then, we would continue stepping on each other's toes and yell: "I'm gonna make 1000 octopuses to beat up your 1 octopus." or in a hypocritical tone: "wow! that is so genius that you came up with the rose window idea!"

No comments: