gummi Chandelier ii in detail

gummi Chandelier ii in detail
Inside the gummi bear Chandelier Jr.

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Strong Love

Artists consider ourselves lucky because we get to do what we want. I consider more and more people are doing what they want nowadays. Artists, too, get lost in the game of money and fame, probably no less than the American Idols.
I created a tension between art and my personal life which made me hard at breathing. It stretched so far that I developed an "anti" feeling of going to openings. So I dipped, then skipped. Decided to have a day without art, eat a good meal and watch a brilliant movie.

Indeed somebody heard my intention, sent me to watch "The Lives of Others."

Did I say a day without art? How could I even control that? This movie is so well written that I don't even dare to imagine where I will be if it's a novel I'm reading... For a long time, there has not been a movie made me regret of stopping making films; yet this one strikes a chord in my heart. The writer in me wants to climb a tree!
Now that my cat is capable of making conceptual art like this one, I can move on to the writing department.

"Artists are capable of strong love," Michael Salerno told me in an opening. I could never ever erase that sentence from my brain. I saw it in the movie today, the movie that brings my art back to me. One never knows when the perfect quote will appear in an art opening. Thanks, Michael! You made the art openings worth going!

No comments: