gummi Chandelier ii in detail

gummi Chandelier ii in detail
Inside the gummi bear Chandelier Jr.

Friday, October 17, 2008

Cow Parade in Taipei!!!


My favorite Cow Parade is coming to Taipei. No excuse to not go home now:)

Event organizers did an interesting twist different than past Cow Parades in other countries.
They invited students to design some cows and the finished cows will be displayed along with professional artists' cows.
Oh, do I envy these kids! Painting a cow for Cow Parade is my dream. Someday when they come to LA crushing our silly Angels, I shall get my own cow.

The creativity in the students' cows are amazing! Though professional artists have a subtler presentation on concepts, I find students' cows connect to people on a more intimate level. Of course, the talents represent Taiwan's culture make this Cow Parade stands out and man are they all Original! Did I say, Original? What is the cool if we are painting Picasso or McDonald's? Although painting our legendary or fable characters may make foreigners scratch their heads, but I say worth the cause, this is how cultures communicate with each other! Check it out, this is my favorite cow, from a student; I not only like the idea, but also his professionalism. The cow is titled: The Monkey King. (or Sun Wukong if you want to say it the way Chinese say it)

No comments: