gummi Chandelier ii in detail

gummi Chandelier ii in detail
Inside the gummi bear Chandelier Jr.

Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Stories

so the story goes like this...

4 weeks working on a sculpture for a show, almost burned down the studio, destroyed a toaster over, the show was postponed, a cat fell from the skylight and knocked out one corner of the sculpture: collision damage.

2 weeks on family vacation, rescued a niece's wedding and three abandoned kittens. not able to find them a good home, we drove 16 hours bringing them back to LA. 1 weeks on business trip, survived!

3 weeks working on a sculpture for a show, 14 hour day and night, too stressed to think clearly, over spent on shipping, home depressed, even the sun disappears for 2 days.

Tossed out a sculpture in the trash...

In the afternoon I heard on the radio, an Indian guy once told Wayne Dyer:
"All you can do with life is to give it away."
Not about what you can get out of or what you will lose from a situation, that is all ego talk. It is not always about me, me, me.  Then I realized why it is.

But being an artist is a game of ego. Self comes first so inspiration can be materialized. Balance keeps me in check, with every achievement comes a sense of doom. Perhaps it is to keep fingers busy, so the mind can freeze.  Making to avoid thinking, because simply being is too difficult.

2 comments:

nerlin said...

I enjoy your work. Very nice!!!

YaYa Chou said...

Thank you, Nerea! I like yours, too!