gummi Chandelier ii in detail

gummi Chandelier ii in detail
Inside the gummi bear Chandelier Jr.

Wednesday, July 06, 2011

call myself an artist

11 years ago this month, I graduated with a MFA, armed with an unfinished film and no fine art trainings at all... All I wanted was to become a real artist.
So I started taking drawing and sculpting lessons and called myself an artist.

11 years later this month, I'm in the midst of reconfiguring my art career, work directions and struggling to differentiate my own truth from society's truth.
Life seems more interesting back then when I was a phony artist dreaming a dream.
A phony artist I was, but a real self knowing who I am.

Perhaps it is time to go back to the very basic, sculpting.
After all, it had never failed to break the curse of a chattering mind and idle fingers.
In 30 days, I shall call myself an artist again!



Matt Cutts: Try something new for 30 days Video on TED.com

No comments: