gummi Chandelier ii in detail

gummi Chandelier ii in detail
Inside the gummi bear Chandelier Jr.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Art in walking distance


I have dreamed of living in a place where one would step over artists' bodies when walking out of one's studio.
I also want to live in a place where you can walk to see arts and buy a nice book.

In LA, that is almost like what is sounds like, A DREAM.
Yet my dream has come closer than ever.

Friday night, we walked out of our building, by foot, to a live performance 2 blocks away from us.

Inside the warehouse was a huge harp made of 40' long strings. String Theory improvised both in notes and body movement based on a video footage. The building-in-progress venue is mostly interesting with this performance, as if the building itself is improvising, too. The dancers and musicians are so tasty that I wish my sculptures are as good as their performance. Best of all, I forgot to bring my digicamera, damn... it was too good to miss a single minute, so don't ask me why I didn't run home to retrieve it.

If you are a performer or musician who's interested in experimental works, or love seeing risk-taking arts, check out Routes and Methods!

No comments: