gummi Chandelier ii in detail

gummi Chandelier ii in detail
Inside the gummi bear Chandelier Jr.

Friday, August 29, 2008

sculptor's mess

Studio is piled up with unfinished projects. Like an irresponsible lover, I have abandoned projects waiting in line to hate me.

Working on the mangrove tree for weeks now, results still don't meet with desires. Wanted to cast it in bronze-too expensive-maybe aluminum will be cheaper-naively thinking, sand casting is even better-can i save up the mold cost-still too expensive. Settling for less can have surprising outcome. New idea shined in last night. I'll make you electronic, that way I have a reason to not cast you.

Used to think that I'm lame to always have to struggle with new techniques. Never can come up with a concept which I know how to make it already. It seems to be a common phenomenon now that artists are constantly in need of learning new skills, especially sculptors. And the new technique can grow on you, make you addictive. Even when the project comes to a halt, I physically want to sit on the floor and continue building. It is addictive arting. Perhaps this one I will not abandon.

No comments: