gummi Chandelier ii in detail

gummi Chandelier ii in detail
Inside the gummi bear Chandelier Jr.

Thursday, January 07, 2010

Stay alive, Learn!


my favorite activity in this life time, except for eating, sleeping and submerging in water, is to learn new things.
I starve if I don't take a new class once a while. The topics to learn this year is machine/motor, paperclay and welding.
Also continuing from 2007 when I tasted the value of collaboration, I realized collaborating as a form of learning: learning something and someone fresh.
The first show in 2010 includes collaborated sculptures I did with one of my high school sweethearts RoO. In spring, we will go to Arizona for a joint residency~

And I was fortunate enough to squeeze in the last several spots in this project called

with a pencil in my pocket

Lea Redmond is the brains behind this Social Artwork project. Each month I will get a color pencil in the mail and do activity with the name of that color, document it and send the writing back to Lea. Back when Lea was making a project with clothes labels, I answered an ad in a magazine and exchange some of my collections with her designs. Since then, Lea had initiated a lot of fun oppoutinities for us. How exciting! If you like color pencils and creative activities as a group, there are a few spots left,
sign up here at 500 Color Pencils. If you want to exchange for her cool clothes labels and sew onto yours, you can visit here.

other than studio time alone, we can now work with unfamiliar friends all over the world. No, I'm not talking about pretending to know everyone on facebook and bombarding people to become you fans. Making friends with one's hands is more sincere and real, don't you think?

No comments: