gummi Chandelier ii in detail

gummi Chandelier ii in detail
Inside the gummi bear Chandelier Jr.

Monday, January 08, 2007

No resolution needed.

Most new year resolutions are broken before Jan. 30.
The best thing for liberal minds who seek to break any confinement is : never make resolutions!

Believe or not, most human beings identify with their problems. People carry phrases with them, "I am lazy," "I am too tired to do it," "I am too busy or too poor," "I don't like my wife," or "I have arthritis"...
What is going on in the mind is, if someday I am not lazy or not tired any more, I am no longer myself. If some day I don't struggle any more, I am no longer a real artist.
Therefore what will happen is, one continues to struggle, yet never becomes a real artist. Because real artists don't struggle, they simply enjoy expressing their talents.

If you have a habit breaking rules, don't make another bigger rule to break in order to prove to yourself that you indeed can break rules.
Simply choose what makes you feel free and go do it. When you do what you love, you feel free; when you do what you don't love, you feel burdened. Close your eyes and ask yourself: If money and education don't matter, what is it that I really want to do?

For most artists who suffer with doubts, I have a suggestion. When you love what you create, others will love it as well. Don't mix your expectation from others in your paint. The best way to guarantee a master piece is to focus yourself in it, think nothing else but the work. Like the children playing in the sand box, nobody nor nothing can take you away from it, because you love it too much!

Some painter once said: "Doubt is important. But if it keeps you from accomplishing your dreams, are you meant to be an artist?" I kept this quote with me in the studio.

No comments: