gummi Chandelier ii in detail

gummi Chandelier ii in detail
Inside the gummi bear Chandelier Jr.

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

In the humid cold...

Haven't come home in winter for years, not quite used to the humid cold.
Went to listen to Takashi Murakami's talk, with some insights to bring home but also brought on a nasty wild cold.

It was quite moving to see thousands of people showed up to listen to an artist talk. I wonder how many are young artists who can practically benefit from his appearance. Mostly fans, I think, based on their cellphone-camera-flashing behaviors in order to capture any little shots of flower wallpapers. Will they buy art from today on?

I went home cold, tired and confused. Have to finish reading his book first. It's nice we have a chinese translated version. Frances my sweet friend was working with Murakami from day one til he left. We all got a free copy of the book:) and were sent straight to the talk~ Lovely!!! She helps me to read his works at another level. If you can read Chinese, she documented the whole Murakami trip on her blog!

Coop show opened, with nice details and lots of love. I like the way it looks. It's always nice to see a show hung by ourselves, a nice switch from a gallery setting. In this cozy coffee shop, I may not be able to get the attention I used to have, but a subtle glow of our friendship warms my heart.


Spent half of the opening day laying on the chair and moaned my dizzy head. But these collaboration drawings and sculptures made me smile inside out. Roo had totally transformed them after I finished the sculpting part. With crayon, she drew the fake Burberry; with hand braided yarn, she added the long wig. Love the twist~

This is the surprise one can only receive by collaborating with other artists, even when they are your best friends!

No comments: